Tip for better sleep.
Sleep is one those human activities that has baffled scientists for many decades. Well, there’s one thing we know; sleep is good for optimum brain functioning. Scientists believe that the development of deep and restful sleep in humans was a factor that gave humans a brain power edge over other animals.
If you want to preserve your memory and keep your ability to make the right decisions, sleep is one activity you want to pay adequate attention to. There are many times you won’t want your memory to fail you; you are with your friends and you are keeping them engaged in your knowledge of Mike Tyson fights and you recount his bouts against Michael Spinks, Larry Holmes, Lennox Lewis but when it comes to Evander Holyfield you draw a blank and you say “the one he bit his ear.”
Here are a few tips for getting a healthy night sleep;
- Ensure that you get 7-9 hours of sleep (Adults). New born and children require more sleep. For more information visit sleepfoundation.org
- Ensure that you get your 30 minutes of cardio exercise for most days of the week. Keep a calendar to help you schedule if necessary.
- Ensure that your bedroom is for sleep only. Remove all electronic devices in your bedroom and switch all electron devices off near bedtime.
- Ensure that you sleep on a comfortable mattress and pillow.
- Invest in good nutrition. Visit a registered dietician if necessary.
- Join a meditation group
Meditation is good for calming the mind and for ameliorating stress and anxiety which are not good for a good night’s sleep.
Here’s a book that would motivate you to indulge in meditation.